Wednesday 17 October 2012

Qulling

Quilling

 

These could make a very unique and pretty addition to a child's bedroom, or just be used to add colour to a room. I think these are very striking, but then I am biased:

 (6 by 6 frames)
and a nice close up......
 
 
 
 
 
and another nice close up......
 
 
For those of you that have not heard of quilling before its very simply the craft of curling thin strips of paper to create various curls and shapes. Often the curls are used on homemade cards, but I think using them in bulk is very effective.
 
Its been a while since I have done any quilling, but its very enjoyable, and lovely to see the great results, so watch this space for future creations and experiments.
 
At present there is a big trend to create a type of quilling using junk mail and magazine pages, so I am looking forward to giving this a try
 

No comments:

Post a Comment